Item image

Blackbeard's Lodge

In 1936, Stanley Wahab designed the grand two-story structure as the Wahab Village Hotel, with high ceilings, authentic cedar paneling and long inside corridors. The building has had many uses in its 75 years existence. It housed a massive generator recovered from a cruise vessel sunk off the coast, which provided the first publicly available electricity to the Island.